I made a pot of lemon curd to test out a new recipe and use up lemons sitting in the fridge. Now I have to use up the lemon curd. I love lemon chicken and I had chicken. So chicken with lemon curd sauce was born.
250g new potatoes
2 chicken breasts
200g asparagus spears
3 tablespoons of lemon curd
1 tablespoon of milk substitute of choice (my usual is almost milk)
Salt & Black Pepper
Garlic, fresh crushed or powdered
Dried dill tops
- Put the grill on to heat to medium.
- Wash and cut the potatoes into 2-3 cm slices.
- Place them in a pot and cover three-quarters with water. Add a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and then let simmer for 10 minutes.
- While they boil, flatten the chicken with a mallet (or a rolling pin if no mallet is handy). Rub with salt, pepper, dill and garlic on both sides.
- Place the chicken on a grill tray and put under the grill for 7 minutes and then turn and cook for 6 minutes on the other side. While you are preparing the rest, do keep an eye on the chicken, things can burn easily under a grill.
- While the chicken is grilling, slice up the asparagus and fry in a medium heat nonstick pan for 2 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and add to the pan with the asparagus and fry for approximately 8 minutes until browned.
- Turn off the heat and take the chicken out from under the grill (turning off the grill).
- Make the sauce by mixing the lemon curd and milk substitute in a small saucepan or microwavable dish and warming for 30 seconds. Add a pinch of black pepper to taste.
- Serve with sauce drizzled over all the meal.