I saw this in delicious magazine and just had to try it out. I modified for my own way of cooking so here’s my version. Do check out the original link – even if just for their picture!
20g coconut butter
100g shallots, chopped
2 cloves of garlic
4 carrots, sliced
2 chicken breasts, chopped
100ml pomegranate juice
300ml chicken stock
Salt and pepper
50g pomegranate seeds
- In a large casserole pot that can go in the oven and the stove, heat the coconut butter over a medium heat. Add the garlic and the shallots and fry for 5 minutes, stirring gently.
- Add the carrots and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the chicken, pomegranate juice, chicken stock, salt and pepper, and herbs. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 45 minutes. Check the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with pomegranate seeds scattered on top.
If you prefer, serve it with rice. I eat it without any rice or mashed vegetables.