6 apples (approximately 574g with cores), cored, sliced (with skins)
250g unblanched peanuts
1 tsp vanilla powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Place apples in a medium saucepan and put over a high heat for 5-10 minutes, then simmer for 30 minutes until soft. Stir regularly.
2. Allow apples to cool.
3. Place in food processor and blend until smooth or use a hand blender. Add lemon juice.
4. Return to saucepan and cook on medium heat for 5 – 10 minutes until thick.
5. Place peanuts in food processor and process until smooth – 10 – 15 minutes. Keep stopping and pushing the nuts down the sides with a spatula.
6. Add apples 1/3 cup at a time, processing between each addition
7. Add cinnamon and vanilla and extra lemon if necessary.
8. Keep in airtight container in the refrigerator for 1 week.