I love cinnamon year round, but in the colder months, I adore it even more. I happened to have a spare apple and pear, which both go well with cinnamon. And soft cinnamon cookies were born.
Time: 10 minutes hands on, 20 minutes cooking plus cooling time
1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder/essence
100g almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
1 medium pear (around 170g), julienne or grated into long strips
1 small apple (around 115g), julienne or grated into long strips1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
20g coconut flour
- Beat the egg, vanilla and nut butter together until well combined
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well
- Place large dessert spoons onto a cookie tray
- Baking in the oven for 20 minutes until browned on top and gently firm to touch
- Remove from oven and leave to cool
Stores for up to 3 days in an airtight container.