I love a good veggie soup. I have a usual green one that I do regularly but every now and then I like to try new ones. This is one of those experiments. It’s chunky and filling.
1 teaspoon olive oil
100g red lentils, washed
1/2 butternut, peeled
1 medium sweet potato, peeled
1 small onion, peeled
750ml vegetable stock
Salt, pepper, garlic and cinnamon to taste
- Chop up the butternut and sweet potato into small cubes – about 1cm square as the biggest. Set aside.
- Dice the onions small.
- Put a splash of olive oil into a medium sized pot. Heat to high and fry the onion for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally so they don’t catch.
- Add the butternut and sweet potato to the pot and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the spices and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the lentils and the vegetable stock.
- Bring to a boil stirring.
- Turn down the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Be sure to keep stirring occasionally so that it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot.
© Whisked Lemon 2016