Inspired by – http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/peanut-butter-chocolate-no-bake-cookies-recipe.html?vty=recipes/chocolate-peanut-butter-no-bake-cookies-recipe.html
100g cocoa butter
100g cocoa powder
1/2 cup (125ml/160g) almond butter (another nut butter will also work)
1/4 cup (60ml/60g) coconut oil
1 teaspoon (5ml) vanilla powder
1/4 cup (60ml) honey
1/2 cup (60g) rolled gluten free oats
1 cup (120g) chopped nuts
1/3 cup (40g) almond flour / ground almonds
2/3 cups (100g) desiccated coconut
- Place cocoa butter, cocoa powder, almond butter, coconut oil and vanilla in a saucepan over a gentle heat and melt, stirring all the time.
- Add the honey and stir.
- Take off the heat and add the oats, nuts, almond flour and desiccated coconut.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Scoop spoonfuls onto the baking paper.
- Flatten them slightly.
- Put the tray in the fridge for 2 – 3 hours to set.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
With the coconut oil, they do melt at lower temperatures to store bought chocolate, so do keep that in mind as you share them out.
© Whisked Lemon 2016