Inspired by a recipe from Delicious: http://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/berry-and-apple-crumble-with-marzipan/
I was actually looking for a recipe to use up some marzipan that I was planning on making, but landed up not using marzipan at all. It’s a simple dessert and with a little vanilla custard or ice cream, is really quite decadent. I enjoy it without any additions as well.
100g frozen mixed berries
1 teaspoon lemon juice
25g thick nut butter
50g chopped nuts (whichever you prefer, or mixed)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (170ºC for Fan assisted).
- Peel the apple, keeping the peel.
- Grate the apple into the oven dish.
- Chop up the apple peel into the same dish.
- Add the mixed frozen berries and lemon juice. Stir together and flatten out.
- Crumble the nut butter and chopped nuts over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Top with cream, ice cream or vanilla custard for extra decadence.
© Whisked Lemon 2016