I like a one pot/pan meal for those lazy evenings which need a cozy dinner. It was inspired by a myWaitrose recipe that I cannibalised.
Time: 45 minutes
2 chicken breasts, cut into strips
200g new potatoes, scrubbed and sliced (4 slices a potato)
100g shallots, peeled, sliced
1 teaspoon dried tarragon
salt and pepper to taste
150g frozen peas
1 teaspoon cornflour (Optional)
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a medium saucepan.
- Brown the chicken strips. Add the shallots and let brown for a minute.
- Add the stock, potatoes, tarragon and salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring frequently as the liquid reduces.
- Add the peas and cook for 5 minutes while they warm.
- If you prefer a thicker sauce, mix the cornflour with a teaspoon of water, bring the contents of the pan to a boil and stir in the sauce. Reduce and simmer for a minute while it thickens.
- Serve on it’s own or with a side salad.
This will keep in the fridge for 2 – 3 days in an airtight container. Reheat either in a saucepan or the microwave.