I never really thought about putting nuts into a soup before. A little searching online revealed it’s not that odd so after a lot of reading of recipes, this is one I came up with.
Time: 35 minutes
90g (1/2 cup) raw cashew nuts
3 medium carrots
1 small sweet potato
1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
500ml vegetable stock
1/2 teaspoon pepper (black or white)
80g baby spinach
- Grind cashews to powdery in a strong food processor. Set aside.
- Hope the carrots, shallots, sweet potatoes into small chunks.
- Heat the coconut oil over medium heat in a medium pot / saucepan. Fry the shallots in the coconut oil.
- Add the carrots, pepper and vegetable stock. Bring to the boil then reduce heat to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cashews.
- Remove from heat.
- Blend with a hand blender to smooth.
Storage: This will last for a few days in an airtight container in the fridge and reheated gently in the microwave or in a saucepan.