A slightly different mash. There’s sweet from the sweet potato but also a bite from the raw courgette and warmth from the cinnamon.
Time: 30 minutes
1 medium Sweet potato
1 medium to large Courgette
1 tablespoon Coconut oil (optional)
- Grate the courgette with skin on.
- Chop up the sweet potato into small chunks
- Place in the pot, just covered with hot water
- Bring to a boil and then turn down the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes until sweet potato is soft
- Take off the heat and drain the water off
- Stir in the coconut oil, almond milk, black pepper, salt and cinnamon
- Mash the potato
- Stir in the raw courgette.
This does last in the fridge overnight but reheating does take away the bite of the raw courgette.