With lighter evenings heralding the start of summer. Whether it means warmer days or not, it does mean steak salad as a weekend treat.
Time: 30min sitting, 20 minutes preparation and cooking
splash of olive oil
salt and pepper
300g steak – actually the size and type is dependant on preference. I usually look at what is available when I’m doing the shopping for it
- Sprinkle pepper, salt and garlic powder on the steak and rub in on both sides. Leave to sit for 1/2 hour.
- Splash the olive oil into a frying pan on high heat.
- Place the steak onto the warm oil and fry, depending on your preference, between 3 and 5 minutes each side.
- Leave to stand.
- Wash the lettuce, dry it off and layer it on to the plate.
- Wash and then slice the tomatoes. My preference is quarter slices. Layer onto the lettuce.
- Peel and slice the avocado and layer on top of the tomatoes. I like to sprinkle a bit of fresh ground black pepper over the avocado at this point.
- Take the steak from the pan and slice into slices or cubes, depending on your preference.
- Let sit for a minute and serve.