All my soups land up being quite green because of the spinach, but it does taste of butternut. Really.
Makes: 4 as a main, 6-8 as starter
1 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
4 medium courgettes
160g baby spinach
2 teaspoon cinnamon
salt and pepper to taste
Vegetable stock (I’ve been using the gels lately)
1 teaspoon chia seeds (optional)
- Put the coconut oil in the bottom of a large pot.
- Scrub the butternut and wash the courgette.
- Top and tail the butternut and the courgette (cut off the ends).
- Chop up the butternut, including the skin and pips, into small cubes and put in the pot.
- Chop up the courgette and put in the pot.
- Add the cinnamon, salt and pepper and vegetable stock.
- Pour about 1litre of boiling water over the vegetables and stir.
- Turn on the heat and bring to a boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer for approximately 20 minutes until the butternut is soft.
- Add the spinach and stir. Let simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Take off heat and puree with a hand blender.
- Serve hot with chia seeds.
© Whisked Lemon 2016