I’m going offline for a few months. While I enjoy getting new recipes and pictures up, I’ve decided to take the summer to play in the kitchen. I’ll be back in winter with all those experiments made into new recipes and pictures ready to share. Thanks for reading so far and hope you’ll stay subscribed for when I’m back.
I made a pot of lemon curd to test out a new recipe and use up lemons sitting in the fridge. Now I have to use up the lemon curd. I love lemon chicken and I had chicken. So chicken with lemon curd sauce was born.
250g new potatoes
2 chicken breasts
200g asparagus spears
3 tablespoons of lemon curd
1 tablespoon of milk substitute of choice (my usual is almost milk)
Salt & Black Pepper
Garlic, fresh crushed or powdered
Dried dill tops
- Put the grill on to heat to medium.
- Wash and cut the potatoes into 2-3 cm slices.
- Place them in a pot and cover three-quarters with water. Add a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and then let simmer for 10 minutes.
- While they boil, flatten the chicken with a mallet (or a rolling pin if no mallet is handy). Rub with salt, pepper, dill and garlic on both sides.
- Place the chicken on a grill tray and put under the grill for 7 minutes and then turn and cook for 6 minutes on the other side. While you are preparing the rest, do keep an eye on the chicken, things can burn easily under a grill.
- While the chicken is grilling, slice up the asparagus and fry in a medium heat nonstick pan for 2 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and add to the pan with the asparagus and fry for approximately 8 minutes until browned.
- Turn off the heat and take the chicken out from under the grill (turning off the grill).
- Make the sauce by mixing the lemon curd and milk substitute in a small saucepan or microwavable dish and warming for 30 seconds. Add a pinch of black pepper to taste.
- Serve with sauce drizzled over all the meal.